Thursday, April 22, 2010

Summing Up My Experience With CMFADS

You know, when I saw a staff member over at CMFADS blantantly call one of it's customers a jackass in it's users forum I said to myself "Dude (that's me), that's not a good way to treat your customers if you want them to spend money in your advertising network".... You know what.... you call your brother a jackass... you can call your friend a jackass.... but you don't call a customer a jackass.... period!!! You just don't do that. And you know what I thought about leaving that ad network that day but I didn't. I thought maybe that staff member was just having a bad day..... that was until the experience I had with that staff member today who runs this website.

As you guys know I have recently started out on this new domain (www.hatpit.com) for my hat shop. Some of you will know that I was advertising my old website (www.hotdavid.com) which was previously home to David's Hat Factory on the CMFADS network. That domain and name for my shop has since changed. With that change I had been talking to a staff member at CMFADS to start getting the word in that I was making changes. I was advised that CMFADS only allows store type websites into it's network for activities limited to purchasing network ad's or campaign ad's.... now this was all fine for me since that is all I had planned to do in the first place...... I won't even mention that these fool's had been allowing me to operate as a publisher (with an ad widget on my previous site) and as a advertiser at the same time with a STORE SITE.

Anyway I was all ready to submit my new website, and I had done so and was waiting for it to get approved so that I could buy some advertising for it..... until this happened...... I got an email from the staff member who I mentioned had so rudely called another customer a jackass..... and this is what I posted back to him on their forum.

***************************************

To Turnip: What's the attitude about? Good way to run your customers away!



Your site: The Hat Pit was rejected.


The following reason was given: You created 3 alerts for something that clearly is not a blog? In what way is a storefront a blog?


If you have any queries about this, please create an alert: /member/alerts/new


Thanks,


The CMF Ads Team


No I will not create another alert for you to privately spout out some piss poor attitude at me dude. Aren't you the one who not so long ago called another one of your customers a JACKASS.... yes you were... in this thread... http://www.cmfads.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3960&highlight=jackass - - - you seem to have some really not so very nice ways of handling customer service.

I created 3 alerts because I was anxious to spend a little money to advertise in this network and because I wasn't even sure the alerts were getting through. Now, don't jump down my throat about that by sending me emails with snotty notes like you did. Step up your game a little bit there top dawg and handle those alerts quicker and you won't have multiple alerts hitting you in the face. Ok?

I have spoken to another staff member who told me that my website (www.hatpit.com) which indeed is a store site would be suitable for purchasing network ad's or single ad purchases on...... but not suitable for running a widget on....... and never once did I say that it was a blog..... so with the understanding that I could advertise that site but not run a widget I entered it so that I could start advertising it. I have another site at http://hatpit.blogspot.com/ which is the blog I'm using for that site and one that I have not had a chance to enter into the system here yet..... I was going to do that after I got my store site added in and perhaps got a network ad on....... but I'm opting to reconsider that now.

Here is a screen shot from a previous alert I had with Ben (Top Ten) - Read the second passage in the image....... Notice where he say's "Otherwise it's just a store. But it would be fine to use for campaigns or network ads". ???


You know what..... just nevermind it all.  Please delete everything I have associated with this ad network.  You can keep the $4.49 I have in my account.... Yes I know that amount is not a lot but with the attitude you had with me today you sound like you need it more than I do.  I don't need to, nor do I care to spend my advertising expenses on a network who has staff members who act like children and can't get their act together on their policies and communications regarding those policies.  I am finished with CMFADS.  Maybe your little mommy blogs have patience for crap like this but I don't. Goodbye.

********************************************

And so I end this post with a warning to anyone who may be considering spending any advertising money to advertise your blogs or websites with CMFADS.... You really need to decide if their nasty attitudes are worth spending your hard earned money on before you invest in whatever they are trying to do.

I am not one to bash anyone, most especially someone who I had high hopes of doing business with but you know what I think this is a good decision for my small business even though I did like their $10 network ads.  They screwed up, not me :)

0 comments:

Subscribe Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Project Wonderful

The Mission


The Hat Pit is dedicated to offering the most widely available selection of hand-knit and crocheted hats and beanies for men only.

*****

Pairing predesigned hats and beanies with customer customization options The Hat Pit offers an unprecedented catalog of expressive head gear for men.

For women, hats may be custom ordered in suitable colors.

The Hat Pit is doing it big on hot head gear for men.

Hat Of The Week


Natural Stripes Cruzr Beanie




The Avedis Atlanta Cruzr Beanie is the newest addition to The Hat Pit. It is the second hat I've created in my metro urban collection. The colors are terra cotta, white, and brown. Of course you can pick 3 colors and customize it to look how you want.

About Me

My Photo
David
Hi!! Thank you so much for taking a minute of your time to click over here to my blogger profile page. My name is David, and I am the founder, creator, and webmaster of the #1 online hat shop for men which offers hand knit and crocheted hats and beanies. I of course am talking about The Hat Pit. I am seriously addicted to twitter and I am a serious cellphone and gadget geek. I love learning about new technologies. I love movies, and music, and getting outdoors. I love art and shopping. I like playing video games. I am also the maker of all the cool hats and beanies you find at The Hat Pit.
View my complete profile